Apr 27, 2012

X is for Xerophilous

Do you live in a hot, dry climate? Do you thrive in it? Then you are xerophilous!

Our summers get pretty hot here. I actually am not very xerophilous. In fact, I can get downright cranky if I’m outdoors and can’t cool off quickly enough. So, I’m thankful, that as summer is approaching, I have the following which allows me to enjoy this beautiful area we live in:

air conditioning

a cool basement

an outdoor pool (which we don’t bother heating)

cool breezes in the evening

shady trees

lakes to visit

icy drinks

air conditioning in my little car

How do you survive hot weather?

7 comments:

  1. I guess I'm a Xeropholis, whatever. I live in Florida and need AC, cool water, iced tea, sun block and fresh fish to be happy. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iced tea..yes!! :) Thanks for visiting my blog!

      Delete
  2. Hi found you through the 'surprise me' button. I can't do heat so it's probably just as well that I live in the UK (rain, rain and more rain even though we have a hosepipe ban!).
    http://sallys-scribbles.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Summers in Colorado get hot enough that I appreciate a/c and swimming pools! But I think icy drinks are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am definitely a Xerophile.
    I wish it was hot all year round. I hate the cold!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have air conditioning now for the first time ever. I have to admit it's nice. I wear flip flops all spring and summer - the only way to keep the feet cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bring on the heat! Along with all of the things that make it bearable. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for popping by! I appreciate your visit and your comments :) It's fun to make new friends!