Source: shelterness.com via Mary Beth on Pinterest
and sometimes I just sits…
or do I?
Even with a more relaxed schedule in the summer, I find my mind busy with planning what I’m going to do with my time. I don’t like NOT knowing what I’m going to do on a given day. Mind you, I’m not averse to a totally unstructured day now and then. I’m sure all of us love those!
Although I love to be home puttering, I find it hard to sit still. I mean, really, just sit. Ponder, meditate, pray for more than 2 minutes at a time. It’s really hard to slow the mind down.
Whenever I leave on a trip, I always take my bag of goodies along. My Kindle, paperbacks, iTouch, knitting projects. Without it I’d feel lost! I want to make the most of my time and that means having something to do.
We’ve probably all heard that “Idle hands are the devil’s workshop”. Not sure if that’s necessarily true. Sometimes idle hands are what’s necessary to slow down and really take time to hear from God, to make a clear decision, to rest.
Do you have a hard time slowing down on your days off?

Glad you have some down time, days off, to decide what you want to do even if it is just puttering around the house. My days off are few and far between so its not too hard to slow down. I work a crazy schedule, 6 days, but Friday and Saturday are half days so my only true day off is Sunday and because it is Sunday, I've been trying to keep it as a true day of rest, so after church, its usually take the dog for a ride and then nap :) (and then of course extra computer time :)
ReplyDeletebetty
I don't have time being still, b/c I'm so tired all the time! I'm always looking to sneak some down time here and there. Following a daily devotional does help me focus on God for a few minutes, though. It's intentional time, when my days are often so haphazard.
ReplyDeleteDays off never seem like true days off. There's always laundry, house cleaning, yard work, dogs to wash, food to cook and blogs to write. LOL. Wait, I like my busy work! :) ~Angela
ReplyDeleteI am LOVING my new job and I am LOVING having three day weekends, and yet, I have to admit that I'm having a little trouble adjusting. Part of it is feeling like I have to do things with my spare time but not knowing what.
ReplyDelete