Nov 24, 2012

The Exchange

I’ve done my share of baking exchanges over the years.  I thought I was done with them, though. With only the two of us at home, and generally not eating as many sweets, there seems to be no need for the day long baking sprees anymore, leading to a stockpile of sweet eats. And, knowing myself, it’s just too tempting to have those morsels hanging around!

But, today I pulled out my trusty family recipes and spent a few hours puttering around in the kitchen with my son who, having signed up for his work baking exchange, had asked me to help him out. Actually, he’s pretty capable, but with some recipes like boterkoek, you have to know the little tips and tricks that take them from good to great. :) 

So, a few hours later, he left with an armload of Christmas goodies  and I was left with memories of a relaxed Saturday afternoon spent with one of my kids. Sounds good to me.

20121124_153644

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great way to spend the day! Looks delicious too!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. The treats look yummy! It is funny how things change. My guess is the only part of a baking exchange that son was interested in before he left home was eating what you brought home. It's nice you got to spend the time together. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for popping by! I appreciate your visit and your comments :) It's fun to make new friends!