Jan 31, 2013

Work and Art

"Your work is art; it needs a soundtrack" Ann Voskamp

I would add that our life is art; it needs a soundtrack, too!

A little known fact about me: I LOVE music. If I need to feel the arms of God around me, I crank up the music. And if I'm by myself (and in the right mood) with no chance that someone will surprise me, I might dance. I know, I know. L'il ol' reserved me! In the comfort of my own home. Me and God. He speaks to me through music.

I also often play music when I am cleaning or putzing around in the kitchen. And sometimes when I'm working, or when I'm writing.

Using a few itunes gift cards from Christmas, I downloaded a couple of albums this week. It's taken me weeks to decide. It's like choosing food from a menu at a restaurant. I take FOREVER to decide, and then I change my mind. Then I ask others for samples of what they ordered. So, it was a huge feat for me to finally press the 'purchase' button.

I chose Matt Maher and Jason Gray. Not disappointed!

Need a little boost at the end of a long dreary January? Here's Jason Gray with Remind Me Who I Am. It's a great pick-me-up.

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Watched the whole thing - loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome song...thanks for sharing, it is hard finding new music to love!

    p.s. welcome back I've missed you!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for popping by! I appreciate your visit and your comments :) It's fun to make new friends!