you wear the same thing (pj's, a bathrobe, and wool socks) day and night a few days in a row and you really don't care
you care nothing that the bed hasn't been made in a few days
you are willing to pay for expensive soft kleenexes because your nose matters
you are ever so grateful for fleece blankets to the point where you want to write a letter of thanks
you are more concerned about possibly scaring away the person who is at your door than WHO is at the door
your massive mountain of crumpled, used tissue paper can just stay there forever, as far as you're concerned
unswept floors, dirty counters, and a sink full of dirty dishes aren't even on your radar
you want to keep the blinds lowered and stay in your cave
you are taking baths because showers take too much of your energy
you haven't listened to music in a few days
your face is void of even the slightest trace of makeup (and you haven't even thought about it)
you have forgotten you even own earrings
you look at your coffee maker and think 'yech'. All you want is hot lemon/honey drinks.
your husband cowers at the sight of you (just joking!)
you realize you are missing out on things but it's no biggie
I think I'm beginning to feel better. :)
Oh darlin', I'm so sorry. Least you're slowly improving. Just think how wonderful it'll feel like when you feel clear-headed.
ReplyDeleteRest. Guess that's all you CAN do.
Hugs to you. :)
What a nasty lurgy. I hope you will feel better very soon.
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you caught a really nasty bug! Be kind to yourself and be sure to give yourself time to fully recover. If it is the same disease that a few people I know have had, they started to feel better, did too much, then relapsed. Get well soon!
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear you are feeling better; don't overdo though!
ReplyDeletebetty
awe...I feel for you. Hang in there it is truly almost over.
ReplyDeleteAww...sorry to hear that you haven't been well. We missed you at FPU last night.
ReplyDeleteThanks all! Things are looking up. :) Just takin' it easy. if you catch this thing, hope it doesn't stay around too long!
ReplyDeleteInteresting post since I'm feeling fine. Kids all have a busy weekend so I'm planning on a pj's weekend just drawing and painting. I think I earned it.
ReplyDeleteSo true! Sadly, half of these things are how I normally live!
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry you were feeling so terrible but glad you're getting better now. (I'm late in my reading.)
ReplyDeleteSoft tissues for a stinging nose are worth every cent!