Apr 24, 2013

U is for Unseduced and Unshaken

Several months ago, I heard Dr. Roslie De Rosset, a professor at Moody Bible Institute for over 40 years, lead a fascinating discussion on her recently published book. So I promptly ordered it from Amazon.

The title of this book is taken from John Milton's Paradise Lost and refers to Abdiel, one of the highest order of angels, "who remained faithful to God and refused to join the rebel group who fell with Satan. The lines read: "Abdiel, faithful found;/Unshaken, unseduced, unterrified/His loyalty he kept." The subtitle for this book is "The Place of Dignity in a Young Woman's Choices", but De Rosset mentioned in her interview that she wished she had left out the 'young' because this book is really applicable to Everywoman.

This book sits on my shelf, waiting to be read and pondered. "It is a thoughtful provocation to speak well, read often, make choices that reflect the character of God, and even to establish a theology of play or leisure. Being intentional with your choices, cultivating your intellect, and taking seriously your voice determines not only what kind of person you are, but also what kind of woman you will be."

I think it's a call for women to live with dignity in a world that is more focused on shallowness and self-satisfaction. Sounds like a book worth reading or even having a book club discussion on!

 

3 comments:

  1. I will have to add this to my collection. Visiting from A-Z

    ReplyDelete
  2. just read the sample and had to download it to my Kindle. Looks like a great read.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for popping by! I appreciate your visit and your comments :) It's fun to make new friends!