Aug 12, 2013

Out of the Loop(s)

 

Summer is like that. Schedules fly out of the window. We plan holidays. We leave town for a week or two at a time. We come home, frantically catch up on things, friends and family come by, we pack up and off we go again.

Then the time comes to settle back into some sort of routine. We've been back home for about a week now, yet I still feel out of sorts.

And not plugged in. Out of community, I guess. And part of me likes it that way. But part of me doesn't.

Went to church yesterday after being away from it for about 5 weeks. Part of me loved being back, and part of me didn't. Weird. I guess it takes time to sort oneself out.

Woke up today feeling unmotivated. Have a list of 'to do's', but don't want to do! So, it's time to give myself a little push. One thing at a time.

Feeling somewhat apprehensive about all the busyness which is looming closer and closer, as each day of August falls away.

Please, lazy days of summer, won't you trickle away slowly?

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like you have been having a great summer! Enjoy your remaining few weeks, and try not to stress out too much about the upcoming busy fall season. (I know, easier said than done.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We started school yesterday, so our summer is gone for the most part. How did it go so quickly? I understand the in and our of connection and being okay with both. Don't push it, but just enjoy where you are. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know it is so weird. While I love and cherish the days of no routine and long warm nights there always comes a point somewhere where I begin to long for more routine....

    Usually, not so much this year. I am enjoying the anonymity of being away and not having the usual routine. I am sure it will come maybe it's the extra long heat wave...makes me lazy.


    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for popping by! I appreciate your visit and your comments :) It's fun to make new friends!