FOR TODAY
Outside my window... the wind is blowing, the tree branches are swaying, and leaves are falling. I can hear the skillsaw screeching away. Dave is finishing up the last of the reno's for the year -- putting up a soffit (sp?). Everything else will wait till next Spring.
I am thinking... how beautiful Fall colors are. And how all those beautifully colored leaves will need to be raked up soon!
I am thankful... for friends and family. Met up with a colleague in Falkland to have our walk and a coffee/tea to catch up on things. Always so good to have a chat, share about our lives and encourage each other in our work. Had a great supper/visit with our kids this past week. Fun catching up on things. I'm thankful for my parents and wish we lived closer now so I could be there to support them as they go through issues related to health and aging.
In the kitchen... I made butternut squash soup last night, a perfect meal for a Fall weekend. I have sunflower seeds in a jar, waiting to be roasted. More are outside on the deck, and others are still in the garden. Looking forward to roasting them up!
I am wearing... jeans, imitation crocs (I know!), and 3 layers of tops... it's cold out today!
I am creating... a pair of knitted socks for a dear friend.
I am going...out tonight to the first session of The Marriage Course at a church in town. Taking hubby with me. ;)
I am wondering...if I'm coming down with a stomach flu... not feeling 100% the last couple of days.
I am reading...too many books! Currently enjoying A Million Little Ways by Emily P. Freeman with the InCourage online Book Club.
I am hoping...that this week coming up will be productive! And that we don't get snow for at least another month.
I am looking forward to... having a new meal plan ready, complete with groceries stored away on my shelves. Need to go shopping. Soon.
I am learning... to be patient with myself and others. That change usually comes slowly.
Around the house... looking forward to using the woodstove again soon.
I am pondering... how interesting people are. how words matter. how much power words have. how we say we believe in miracles but can doubt at the same time.
A favorite quote for today... "And so the meaning of our lives is not dependent on what we make of it but what He is making of us."
One of my favorite things... is how I feel after a good, brisk walk/run.
A few plans for the rest of the week: home visits to meet some new little students of mine, lunch with a friend, helping out with Candy Planet at our church, and an overnight visit to my cousins in Peachland, on the weekend.
A peek into my day...
I'm linking up here at the Simple Woman's Daybook. Join me!


Hope you aren't getting sick. Your butternut squash soup sounds good; just talking to hubby the other day about experimenting with other types of squash out there. I hope the winter weather will be gentle for you and not cause lots of cool/cold weather/snow.
ReplyDeletebetty
This post leaves me feeling all warm and fuzzy! Missing you. We need to try and do a card day soon!
ReplyDeletePeachland! Sounds fun...say hi to those Vissers for me!
ReplyDeleteps. just say "no!" to Crocs & their kind!
This is SO restful to read. And, btw, hope you feel better sooner than later.
ReplyDeleteHi Neta! I hope this comment finds you feeling a bit better? And I agree, spending time with friends is so refreshing. Just clears the mind, and makes me feel so loved.
ReplyDeleteI love your learning to be patient with yourself. That is just an invaluable tool. I need to work on that too!
Blessings to you, my friend :)
Ceil