Jan 22, 2014

The Secret to Your Success

So, let's say you really want to do something, change something, stop doing something, whatever it might be. Chances are, it's going to be tough at some point, right? What do you think will be the secret to your success? 

Here are a few of my thoughts about ending up on the other side with a "YES!" fist pump. 

1. Be personally motivated. It's not enough for someone else to convince you it's worth it. 

2. Be 'ALL IN'.  Not.. 'I'll see how it goes..', but 'I am DOING THIS!!'. 

3. Be informed.  Listen to what others who've been there have to say. Know the pitfalls. Know how you're going to feel at times. Know it won't be easy all the time. 

4. Be prepared.  Plan for it. Be on the defensive. Stock up your 'supplies'. 

5.  Have a cheering section. Someone who wants you to succeed. Someone who thinks you're awesome (even if you don't). Someone who's good at pep talks. Someone who's there to pick you up, if necessary, wipe the dust off of your knees, give you a few tips and point you in the right direction.

6. Be accountable. Support groups are for you, too. You're not the Lone Ranger. As someone much wiser than me once said...  ".. if you're alone and you fall into a well, you're in deep trouble (pun intended). If there are two of you, your buddy can help you out." (If you both fall in, well, at least you have company?--and a louder cry for help! ;) 

 Have I missed anything? What, in your experience, has helped you in your quest for success, big or small? 





2 comments:

  1. I think you did good listing these as you did Aneta! Definitely if someone followed these, they would succeed in what they wanted to succeed at!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Aneta! I love the one that says "be all in". I think that's my biggest stumbling block. I'm good for a while, then I fall. Especially with eating healthfully. I am going to keep those words in my heart.

    Thank you for this very helpful post. I needed to hear it today.
    Blessings,
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for popping by! I appreciate your visit and your comments :) It's fun to make new friends!