Dec 31, 2014

Take It Easy

The last couple of days have been pretty slow around here. After the busyness of having most of the family around, preparing meals, enjoying outdoor activities, and keeping up the house as much as possible, then dismantling Christmas decorations,  I've been a little bit of a slug.  Let's just say me and my chair have spent some time together.



So, I've watched a few Netflix movies that I would recommend if you like a little bit of cheese, escapism, warm feelings, a bit of tension, heart string tugging,  and happy endings. And some good acting, too. Perfect to knit or sip of cup of tea to.

Because I like Morgan Freeman, I watched The Magic of Belle Isle. Ingredients: a disenchanted writer, a single mom with 3 girls, a small lake community and life lessons.

Because I like Robert Duvall, I watched 7 Days in Utopia. Ingredients: family issues, golf, faith/life lessons, small town, handsome main actor ;) The ending.. well, different.

I also watched a DVD theatrical presentation called The Belle of Amherst, about  the poet Emily Dickinson (borrowed from our local library). It was a one woman performance by actress Julie Harris and was excellent! Okay, it was wayyyyy too slow for Dave to sit through, but I loved it. :)

The Belle of Amherst (1976) PosterGoing to enjoy a fun New Year's Eve with a few friends, some good appies, and board games. A perfect mix.

Then it's 2015!  Are you ready!? Who knows what it will hold.. ?

HAPPY NEW YEAR!






3 comments:

  1. Thanks for your book suggestions and movie suggestions!! I always enjoy the ones we watch/read of your recommendations.

    Happy New Year friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love me some Robert Duvall. Not sure if I've seen that one or not. Will have to check into that. He's great in Lonesome Dove.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds lovely...my decorations are still up I am hoping for a surge of energy to first clean out my storage unit before I re stuff it with Christmas stuff...I am enjoying some quiet time for sure

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for popping by! I appreciate your visit and your comments :) It's fun to make new friends!