Although this book was not meant to be an allegory, it seemed quite obvious to me that it was. Josia comes into her life , looking for a room to rent, and begins fixing up her house; he is never intrusive, accepts her unconditionally, allowing her to be who she is and to open her life up to change one small step at a time. He does so unselfishly and always with her best interests at heart. Who is he like, she asks herself? A father, a brother, a friend... or all of these? This is definitely a story of hope and love.
With some humor, quirkiness, good dialogue (some strongish language, but it all makes for a more realistic story), and interesting situations and characters, this was worth the read. If you like Lisa Samson's writing, you won't be disappointed.
I received this book free from BookLookBloggers in exchange for an honest review. Thanks, BookLook!
Glad you enjoyed it as well. And do you know...I can't remember the strong language. Usually that stays with me, but guess that shows that it wasn't
ReplyDeleteNix that comment. I wasn't finished writing! Blogger posted ahead of me. ;) I was saying, it's nice the strong language didn't stay with me, showing it wasn't gratuitous!
ReplyDeleteSounds interesting! I'll have to look for it!
ReplyDeletebetty