Sep 4, 2015

Settling into a new routine

Now that I'm back home after a job-related road trip, I really AM focused on settling into a new routine... Summer is winding down and Fall is certainly in the air, isn't it?

The air is chilly in the evening. The days may be warm, but certainly not HOT recently, and mornings are... brrrr! How did that happen so fast? Mind you, I am thankful for cool nights. Sleeping is so much more comfortable now!

And, believe it or not, I pulled on my wool socks today! Good bye flip flops, hello closed toed footwear.. hopefully a few more days of summer heat to come, though.

Thoughts move towards a morning routine. I want to make the most of the hours BEFORE noon. This means I have to begin getting up earlier. Last year (or was that the year before?) I was an early riser for quite some time and felt so organized and productive. Then, last year in the dead of winter  I found it harder to drag my body out of bed in the early hours. Dark room, cold floor, furnace barely on. Warm blankets enticed me to stay in bed longer. It's going to be tough to break my habit of 'just a few more minutes of shut eye'. But I know what it's like to be up early when the neighborhood is still mostly quiet and asleep. It's a good feeling. Time for quiet moments to start the day off right and not feeling like I am behind the eight ball when my feet touch the floor.

Are you ready for Fall?

Look at this lovely plant my daughter bought me. If those aren't colors to invite the Autumn season in, I don't know what is. Beautiful!!
ornamental mini pepper plant


3 comments:

  1. That is such a unique looking plant! I hadn't seen anything like that before! You are right, there is a touch of fall in the air, even if the days remain a bit hot. I noticed it this morning when I was out filling up the bird feeders. I'm a morning person so I like getting up early and having the house to myself, so nice and quiet :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the socks and the plant! Good luck to a new fall start hope it all goes smoothly. I too feel like the end of summer has been to abrupt and even though we had an extended summer I'm not ready to say goodbye yet at all! 😢

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not a morning person per se, but I am an extreme night owl, so I am usually still up in the early morning when everyone is still asleep. I love that time probably the best of all the day! There is just something serene and hopeful about it. You look like you are ready to welcome Fall in style! I'm looking forward to it, too - there is just something cozy and familial about it to me.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for popping by! I appreciate your visit and your comments :) It's fun to make new friends!