Apr 8, 2019

G is for Grateful

"What do you say?", my son gently says to his little toddler after giving him a treat. And little C kisses his chubby little hand and sends it away. Such a sweet little gesture meaning 'thank you'. 

We are all tempted to take so many things for granted, but being grateful keeps us aware of all of the good things in our lives. I know I often focus on the hard things that happen, the 'what ifs', and what I lack. Keeping a gratitude journal is one way to remind myself of all I DO have in my life. I don't write in it every day, but when I do, I think of at least five simple (or profound) things I'm thankful for that day. It changes perspective! 

Do you keep a gratitude list? 


6 comments:

  1. I thought about making a list today- I find myself more grateful the older I get- nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gratitude is my word of this year. I'm struggling with it, LOL. I know a blogger that does keep; a gratitude list. She lists 3 things daily in her blog. She's up to over 4500 of her thankfulness having keeping it for a lot of time. I need to do the same thing I think.

    It is so cute when the young ones are learning manners :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gratitude is so important. It helps us remember that good things do happen, so when we go through trials, we have comfort. I'm glad I discovered your blog on this A to Z hop. Keep writing! www.dianeweidenbenner.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've thought about a gratitude journal and even bought a journal for it. Just need to start. and I like the idea of numbering them to give you scope as you move through the weeks and months.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't put too much pressure on myself to journal everyday, but I find it is a good practice.

      Delete

Hey, thanks for popping by! I appreciate your visit and your comments :) It's fun to make new friends!