Apr 20, 2019

R is for Reading


To watch a little person enjoy a book is so satisfying. Our dear little grandson just loves to be read to.
He loves interactive books. I love to bring out books I've saved, purchased, or found at thrift stores. Some of my favorite moments with him are when we're reading bedtime stories.

One book that my children have enjoyed when they were babies and now C has enjoyed it too, is Pat the Bunny, a children's classic. The drawings and text are simple and so appealing and relevant to children.



Sally Lloyd Jones has some beautifully illustrated and written children's books.  I'm waiting till C is a little older before I read from the Jesus Storybook Bible. It is one all ages will enjoy.





What would life be without books? I may be a bit biased here. I know not everyone loves to read, but.. I think they are missing out if they NEVER read anything for the sheer enjoyment of it.

7 comments:

  1. Agree with you. What would life be without books? What would life be without communication in various ways? I read number of books. I am benefited by the availability of old books on internet. I develop my deep knowledge of the subjects industrial engineering and management by reading them. I write blogs on them.
    A to Z participant Narayana Rao Resource Planning and Resourcing for Effective Operations

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's fun to make new friends! Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a reader and wish I had more time to read (or I could make the time to read more). We used to have the wee one more in the evenings where we would give him a bath and get him ready for bed. I always read to him then. Schedules changed and we don't have him during that time and he is less likely to want to hear a story if he wants to run around and play, but I know his parents read to him before bedtime. It is the best gift to give to young ones with the gift of books and imagination through them.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your visit. I've just read quite a few of your posts and with a 2 year old grandson I can relate to much of what you've written. Congratulations on your new granddaughter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Glad you stopped by. And yes, aren't grandkids the best!?

      Delete

Hey, thanks for popping by! I appreciate your visit and your comments :) It's fun to make new friends!