Feb 5, 2021

Five Minute Friday:: Sunrise

Each day, the sun rises and each day the sun sets.

 I often ask , "What day is it, anyway?" We laugh about it, but I actually do lose track of the days! 

 Most of what I do revolves around home and sometimes it seems all my days are the same. I'm definitely not complaining, because I am enjoying the freedom to create my own schedule. 

 From the rising of the sun to the setting down of the same, 

the name of the Lord is to be praised. Psalm 113:3

Years ago in the 70’s (my teenage years) the church I attended sang a lot of  ‘scripture in song’. The songs were taken directly from the Psalms-- it was easy to memorize a lot of verses that way! The lyrics were sometimes repetitive and had simple melodies.  Many of them were reminding us of the goodness of God and how trustworthy He is. 

It’s funny how those songs come back to me often. I am currently reading through the Old Testament, and often come across a Psalm that is so familiar to me. The song plays in my head as I read.  Those simple choruses, straight from the Bible, were a gift to me.

It’s more important than ever to keep myself immersed in the words of Scripture, reminding myself how much God loves the world, from everlasting to everlasting. Sunrise and sunset on repeat!

Photo by Syahirah Salleh on Unsplash

This post is part of the weekly Five Minute Friday link-up. Feel free to join in!

8 comments:

  1. I do miss some of those old scripture songs. You are not alone in singing them as you are reading along!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss them, too. They were so full of truth! Thanks for visiting my blog :)

      Delete
  2. A few years back I wrote out a lot of the praise "songs" that were in the psalms and then when praying I would sing them out. This one was a favorite of mine to sing about praising God from the rising of the sun to the place where it set :) So many wonderful songs in the psalms I do believe!


    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There really are! Praying the Psalms or singing the Psalms... all good!

      Delete
  3. I loved the scripture songs of my youth group days as well! I still do. I hope you have a blessed weekend and find a sunrise or sunset to see! God's blessings, Jennifer, FMF

    p.s. Is that a Chihauhau I see? We have one if so!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's our little chihuahua Prince Enzo. He pretty much rules our house, haha! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  4. So true. Music has a way of helping Bible verses take up residence in our hearts. As I come across a verse I have learned via song, I put a little musical note in the margin of my Bible next to that verse. This little note continually reminds me of the song and the verse hidden in my heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that idea! I think I'll use that, thanks!

      Delete

Hey, thanks for popping by! I appreciate your visit and your comments :) It's fun to make new friends!