The one thing that keeps me from commenting on other’s blogs (that is, when I have something to say) is WORD VERIFICATION. It is the most frustrating step to have to go through. Especially for those like me who wear progressive lenses and whose eyesight isn’t perfect anymore! WV is always blurry and tricky. I have a hard time proving I’m not a robot! And often, if I don’t get it right the first time, I am too frustrated to try again. And my pithy words escape and fly off into cyberspace somewhere.
Today I decided to go for the audio Word Verification on a blog. I thought I was listening to a voice from the underworld, it was THAT strange! And totally unintelligible. So much for that option. And it just reinforced my belief that Word Verification is from the dark side!
There are other ways to beat spam, such as comment approval.
Just sayin’.
I actually commented on a blog that I wasn't going to leave any more comments on there, not because I found fault with the blog, but because I was tired on dealing with word verification (and on top of that she had comment moderation so she was catching spam on her end, she didn't need to subject us to word verification too). She emailed me back and apologized for having it on her blog and took it off. I think I'm going to start doing that on other blogs with word verification too. I have a few "special" blogs that the people are disabled in this way or that way and I'm one of their only commenters, and they still have word verification, so I'll continue to comment on those, but for the most part, I agree with you, too frustrating to deal with it!
ReplyDeletebetty
Was this post directed at anyone in particular? Ha! :-)
ReplyDeleteno, just inspired by someone in particular. ;0
DeleteI know I have had some rough experiences as well sometimes as many as 6-7 tries I just laugh it off because everything I have to say is important for others to hear....hahahahhahahahhahahhahaaaaaaaaaaaaa
ReplyDeleteI concur. I never get them right, and then I feel stupid and unworthy of commenting anyway :D
ReplyDeleteLOL--I'm laughing because I've done the same thing!
ReplyDeleteI totally understand and even more appreciate your comments the other day...even though I don't have comment verification on mine, just moderation to approve/disapprove. I have 2 friends I comment to on a regular basis and have tried sometimes 4 and 5 times to get it to accept my remarks. Sometimes give up too! One friend tried to go to regular moderation, but said she had so much spam to weed through, she went back to the word verification. Grrrrr. ;)
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness...I completely agree! Yesterday I was on a blog where the WV had a completely illegible number in it. I couldn't believe it. So frustrating!
ReplyDelete