
For Today... Wednesday already!?
Outside my window...
there's a breeze blowing and the clouds are keeping the temperature reasonable, thankfully!
I am thinking...
summer goes by much too quickly, so I must be sure to enjoy a summer moment each day, to make the most of it.
I think I will make some cold brew coffee this afternoon!
I am thankful...
for fans to keep the house cool when there is no air conditioning!
I am wearing...
my default clothing these days: short (but not too!) denim skirt and a blue t-shirt and of course, flip flops :)
I am creating...
a prayer shawl.. almost done, but haven't been knitting much lately
I am going...
to be painting up a storm this weekend at my son's newly purchased home!
I am wondering...
why I have more energy when I'm visiting my sister than when I am back at home?
I am reading...

She's one of my favorite fiction writers. I've enjoyed every book she's written,
and this one is no exception.
I am hoping...
to be inspired to continue my computer work once I post this blog. I am really hoping to be done my work by the weekend. I am truly hoping that this is possible.
I am learning...
that the prayer of relinquishment might be a good thing.
In my garden...
grows a little of this and a little of that - carrots, beets, strawberries,
beans, zucchini, garlic, kale... and I mean little.. everything is still LITTLE!
(except the weeds)
In my kitchen...
there's a sink full of dirty dishes, which I aim to clean up very soon. You'd think with only two people living here right now, I'd keep things super tidy.
Doesn't seem to work that way, though!
A favorite quote for today...
"When it feels impossible to see the world differently, begin by moving your body, not your attitude. Movement triggers a chain of physical, mental, and emotional reactions that ease the passage to a larger perspective. " from Healing Walks for Hard Times by Carolyn Scott Kortge
A peek into one of my days...
![]() |
| This was a few weeks ago, but my girlfriend and I refinished my tired old chairs. Love them now! |
One of my favorite things...
is this little wee addition to our family. Meet Enzo. Or Taco. Or Twitch. Or Henry. We haven't quite decided yet.
Join the fun and read more entries here: http://thesimplewoman.blogspot.com/



What I found with the two of us here now and no pet (though miss him dearly) is that the house doesn't get that dirty. I do things weekly like the kitchen and bathrooms and vacuum, but I was going to dust today and there was nothing to dust, LOL. I think we run the dishwasher twice a week now where we used to run it daily.
ReplyDeleteI'll have to look for work by that author that you like; always looking for a new one.
betty
I like the idea of Twitch. Unique! I think we often need someone else in our sphere to spur us on to activity. Perhaps that is what being around your sister is doing for you.
ReplyDeleteLife & Faith in Caneyhead
I'm thinking Henry. :) And, btw, don't know this author. Thanks for mentioning what you're reading. Annnnd, just fun to peek into your day. Hugs girlfriend.
ReplyDelete