Jul 3, 2015

The Good, The Bad, and the Grace of God


I remember hearing about the Duck Dynasty TV Show a few years before I was even remotely interested in watching it. I thought it must be the dumbest show ever and left it at that. But  a year or so ago when we had 6 months of free cable, Dave and I sat down regularly in the evening to watch a few episodes of this show. And surprisingly, it gave me what I needed... a good laugh. I mean, it's such a crazy show. Just watching that family interact and listening to some of the hilarious, silly conversations was just good medicine for one who often thinks too much about serious stuff. Who doesn't need a good belly laugh now and then?

When The Good, the Bad, and the Grace of God by the youngest Robertson son Jep and his wife Jessica, came available for review, I snapped it up. It was a quick, interesting read. It gave me some good insights into the Robertson family, and I have gained respect for this clan and their fierce loyalty to each other. As I began this book,  I thought it might be very simplistic and 'surfacey' and I thought I'd have a difficult time empathizing with what I thought of as wealthy reality TV stars and their first world problems, but it really was a transparent and honest read, which included sharing some very difficult experiences. The Robertson's strong faith in the grace of God and the power of forgiveness shines through. This family is not a religious family as much as one which truly loves God and people and shows it by their actions.

It's worth the few hours it took to read this book. And you may become a Duck Dynasty fan after reading! I hear there's a new season starting!

Thanks to BookLookBloggers for this free book in exchange for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for popping by! I appreciate your visit and your comments :) It's fun to make new friends!