I love music. I think it’s my sacred pathway! Growing up, the vinyl records, 8-tracks, and then tapes were playing more often than not in our home. All kinds of music, depending on the mood.
So, I thought I’d share with you about downhere, one of my favorite groups. I discovered them probably at least five years ago while listening to a ‘various artists’ Christian album. Loved the song and decided to investigate who the band was. Which led me to buying a few more albums. A few years ago, I saw them live in concert. I’ve watched youtube videos of their songs. I’m hooked.
Marc Martel, the (usually) lead singer of downhere, recently won the lead singer role in the Queen Tribute Band contest – he sounds just like Freddy Mercury – amazing! He really does have an awesome voice.
They sing both rock and ballad type music. Love the lyrics of their songs. It’s the kind of music you want to play a few times and really listen to the words. It’s music that feeds the soul!
Here’s one of my favorites (sung by band member Jason Germain) – best to sit back, close your eyes, turn up the volume, and let the music speak. :)
Thanks for introducing me to this group.
ReplyDeleteYour blog looks beautiful! Glad to see you are enjoying the challenge, and always fun to meet a sister in Christ.
ReplyDeleteLove the song!
ReplyDelete