Well, it has arrived-- day one of 26 days of blogging the alphabet (with all Sundays but this one off..yay!) with the Blogging A-Z Challenge. I heard of the Challenge over a month ago, and thought, wouldn’t that be a great way to get me out of my blogging funk? By that time, I’d be rarin’ to go, I said to myself. But no, actually it hasn’t worked out that way. I kept on wavering on whether or not I should even attempt this challenge at this time. But, at the eleventh hour, I decided to go for it. Actually adding my name to the list feels like an accomplishment, because I waffled so much. Ridiculous!
I have accomplished other writing challenges before. I participated in NanoWrimo in 2007 and 2008 and found it soooo challenging, but a whole lot of fun, too. I still look back fondly at those two crazy Novembers and wondered how I ever finished when I was in my crazy busy time at work. But, where there’s determination, there is a way! And I’ve done a few NaBloPoMo challenges, which is also a great blogging activity.
The one writing activity I have not managed to succeed at very well is writing my memoirs. I have the book, the binder, and a number of pages written, but it seems I always put memoir writing at the bottom of my list, and of course, it never gets done! It’s not that I don’t think it’s valuable, because, frankly, it’s more valuable than spending time blogging. But it’s a lot of work and takes a good whack of brain cells to work together and focus, in order to accomplish anything! I need to sit myself down and just do it, I know.
Well, here’s to the A to Z Challenge! Hope I accomplish what I set out to do!
Stopping by on the A to Z Challenge. CONGRATS on your accomplishments! I've participated in NaNoWriMo. Didn't complete in 2010, but did in 2011. It felt good to accomplish that.
ReplyDeleteSusanne
PUTTING WORDS DOWN ON PAPER
Congrats to you for completing NaNo 2011!
DeleteCongrats on completing NaNoWriMo. I've never actually done it myself, but I am always impressed with the numbers!
ReplyDeleteAnd I also wanted to say I love your blog title ;o)
Thanks!
DeleteWell how about using the A-Z to start your memoirs :) Well done for signing up and doing the first post, more than the previous one I clicked from the linky! Good luck! I'm doing places I've lived! Ha ha ha!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the idea, alisonamazed! I think I might incorporate a few memoir thoughts.
DeleteGreat start! Accomplishments will surely continue to add up.
ReplyDeleteHorst
Tangents at http://horst-peters.blogspot.ca/
thanks!
DeleteIt is harder to write something that your heart is really invested in. There's more pressure, even if its just from yourself. In my case, I always put off the big papers worth lots of marks to write all the little seemingly insignificant assignments.
ReplyDelete