A number of years ago at a Women of Faith Conference, I heard this term used to describe the experiences in your everyday life that bring a little bit of joy to your day. You sometimes have to really look for them, but they’re there. I suppose these CAN be big things, but mostly it’s seeing the ordinary as special. A few of mine were..
1. Finishing the socks I’ve been knitting for my girlfriend since January! And I was pleased with the way they turned out! One looks much bigger than the other in the photo, but in reality, they are the same (yay!) They were for her birthday (which was last December)…Yep. I know.
2. Started growing cat grass for Buddy the (indoor) Cat last week and and today I enjoyed watching him grab mouthfuls of the stuff. I think I made his day!
3. Baking. Nothing necessarily healthy about this tea loaf. But it’s delicious. It’s my mom’s recipe and one of my all time favorites. Made with raisins soaked in tea and then cooled. No eggs. Just flour, coconut oil (or butter), spices, sugar, baking soda, and the tea. So yummy. Perfect for company.
4. My sister and bro in law came by and stayed overnight for a visit on their way back home from a week long road trip/holiday. I’m always excited when she comes to visit. And the visits are always too short. Of course.
5. Talking to my parents on the phone today. They both sounded chipper and happy. :)
4. The biggie for me was Mother’s Day last Sunday. I can’t lie.. my kids (and husband) spoiled me. We drove out to the old Quilchena Hotel near Merritt, and had a Mother’s Day brunch there. I felt loved. Missing one of my sons and his wife (who are traveling in S. America), but he sent me a Facebook message, so all is well! I love my family.

What about you? Do you have a simple joy pop to share?
Joy pop! I love it! :)
ReplyDeleteOne of mine from this week would be when my kids cuddled up next to me on the couch just before naptime. :)
I remember those days... so special!! Definitely joy pop material! ;)
DeleteI love hanging clothes on the line. I feel smart (saving energy) and earthy, like Laura Ingalls. Just makes me day. I also like having quizzes on my blog and giving away simple, but fun things. Homemade things. Check it out this weekend!
ReplyDeleteI'm with you -- I love air dried laundry. I've had a clothesline for years..until a couple of years ago.. when it broke! I really miss it.
DeleteI checked out your quiz..hope I win! ;)
I've never heard of cat grass, but it looks really cool! I'll have to remember that if I get a cat someday. :) Congrats on the finishing the socks! The quilt I'm making is for a friend's birthday and her birthday was in December too, so don't feel too guilty. That bread does look delicious!
ReplyDeleteSo, I'm not the only one who gets behind on handmade gifts! I'm in good company!
Deleteyour blog today made my day...it's just so joyful!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Karen!
DeleteAlso, I almost forgot. I have an award for you over at my blog! :)
ReplyDeleteThat was sweet! Thanks! My first blog award EVER! :)
DeleteHow cute with the Joy Pop; I liked reading all of yours; it does sound like you have had a lot of blessings in this past week! Those socks look great too; I'm sure your friend will like them!!!
ReplyDelete(in answer to your question where the picture was taken on my blog of me, it was in North Dakota at a rest stop; we were traveling from Billings Montana to Mandan North Dakota, I think it looks a lot like the Grand Canyon :)
have a great weekend!
betty
Yes, that photo did remind me of what the Grand Canyon would look like! Thanks for the info!
DeleteI had cuddles yesterday with my adorable youngest grandson (14 months old) when he wasn't too busy crawling, at the speed of light, round my house!
ReplyDeleteSweet! That would definitely be a joy pop!
DeleteLovely post! This week mine would be having the house to myself for large chunks of time. It doesn't happen very often which makes it all the more special.
ReplyDeleteAbout the socks you finished for your friend. You could say one was for last December's birthday and the other for her upcoming birthday. :-)
Time alone is nice when it's hard to come by! Glad you enjoyed it!
DeleteSlowing my pace this week and spending time with some of my girlfriends.
ReplyDeleteHearing our little guinea pig make her little piggy sounds. Love it!
Oh, that, too! Girlfriends are the icing on the cake!
DeleteWhen my husband or one of my children just starts unloading the dishwasher - without being asked.
ReplyDeleteI was just thinking about you and the Quilchena Hotel not that long ago when Gary and I took a motorbike ride part way along the old Merritt Highway. Glad you got to enjoy a lovely Mother's Day brunch there with your family!
ReplyDeleteLOVE the term "joy pops"!
ReplyDeleteMine for the day so far--a big hug from my 20 year old son and getting up early to do Bible study and have quiet time with God. Yesterday--stepping out onto the deck to a PERFECT afternoon--warm but not hot, and NO WIND!
It's really the simple things like those you described. Thanks for visiting my blog!
Delete