Thanks to two lovely and creative bloggers for these awards! And I’m talking about two bloggers I’ve met through the A-Z Challenge. There’s Krista who blogs here and Ellie who blogs here. Check them out!
I would like to pass these awards on to everyone I follow (I’d hate to leave anyone out!). Most of the blogs I read are both lovely and creative, and that’s the truth! I know, that sounds like a copout.
And I’ll leave you with 10 random facts (and I do mean RANDOM) about me:
1. Just now, I have been reminded of a book called The Middle Sister, which I read when I was a young girl. Can’t remember ANYTHING about it, except I could relate because I, too, am a Middle Sister (besides having 4 brothers). And when I googled it and found the book cover… it brought back childhood memories. Doesn’t that book cover look ancient? (in a nice way)
2. My guilty pleasure is blogging and reading blogs. Why guilty? Because I feel like I’m wasting time. If I call it ‘reading’ and ‘writing’, it doesn’t sound so time-waste-y, though.
3. Sometimes I hork down chocolate chips. When I’ve run out of my quality, organic, dark chocolate bar that’s stashed in the fridge (under the egg carton). Oh, and I just have to let you know that my husband throws chocolate chips in with his Mini Wheats every morning.
4. I love buttermilk, but I never buy it. I drank it regularly during my childhood, but never bought it for my own family. My (adult) kids think it’s gross. Now I make kefir now and then, and it tastes just like I remember buttermilk tasting! What a lovely discovery!
5. I still hate hanging arms and legs over the side of my bed at night. Still scared of the bogey man under the bed, I guess.
6. I used to wear a sweater on my head when I was a little girl, to pretend I had long hair (so did my sister). This was during the day of pixie cuts. Any of you remember those?
7. I am cautious and often scared of dogs.. until I get to know them.
8. The first ‘big ticket’ item I ever bought for myself as a kid (once I had a part time job) was a typewriter. Electric!! I think I was about 14 or 15.
9. I like dirt roads and old wooden fences and gates.
10. I confess, I felt a little thrill when I was given these two blog awards.
Congrats on the awards! I do remember pixie cuts; they were so popular back then! My MIL liked buttermilk, I just liked cooking with buttermilk; it works well in a lot of recipes!
ReplyDeletebetty
I'll have to try kefir in a few recipes!
DeleteLove your random facts. I understand the 'guilt' reaction in reading blogs (should be doing some boring chore) but got stuck reading the blogs.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your awards! I also like to keep my arms and legs inside the bed. LOL :)
ReplyDeleteHave a great day!
I feel like I know you better now. :-) Congrats on your awards. You deserve them!
ReplyDeleteI don't buy chocolate chips unless I plan to bake because I know I will just end up eating them otherwise. So I just buy a chocolate bar when I want one instead. That's so funny about Dave! Love it.
Congrats on the awards! :) You deserve them! :) I like eating chocolate chips too, but I'm a one foot off the side of the bed gal. I like one cold foot. Weird. :)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your awards! I'm another one who must keep my arms and legs safely under the covers where nothing can grab them at night. My first big ticket item when I was a teenager was an electric typewriter too. It was so expensive that my mom shared the cost with me. AND, totally agree with #9. :)
ReplyDeleteLOL RE: hiding the "good" chocolate--I do the same thing! Once my kids found my hiding place so I started buying the less expensive chocolate for that place--and I found a new hiding place for "my" chocolate. They never found that one! :-)
ReplyDeleteLike you, I tend to eat chocolate chips, but they have to be milk chocolate and refrigerated. Lately, I've been getting a spoonful of peanut butter and loading it up with butterscotch chips. Yum!
ReplyDelete