It’s camping season and I’m looking forward to getting away! Two things I hope to avoid, but I know one of them is inevitable. Mosquito infestation – inevitable - and being bitten by a tick- hopefully avoided!
I hope to win the battle against the mosquitos.
I will be prepared with some natural mosquito repellent, either homemade or store bought. And just in case I do get bit, I will be using one or more of these 11 natural bite -relieving remedies to choose from. We will also be setting up a screened canopy – I may be spending a lot of time in there!
I used to think that ticks were only found in hot, arid regions like Kamloops. Well, it’s not true. We’re heading to southeastern BC and have been warned about the presence of ticks there. Being forewarned is being forearmed. I googled “how to avoid tick bites” and one of the first pieces of advice I read was: avoid camping from April through September. Oh, sure. Thanks for that. Another helpful note was to wear hats, long sleeves, and long pants tucked into socks. If it’s 35 degrees C, I don’t think that will happen. We’ll all be tick free, but we’ll also all be suffering from heat exhaustion.
Here’s something a little more reasonable– how to make natural tick repellent. And of course, we will be vigilant in checking for the little critters, and I know I’ll be trying not to brush against bushes and walk through tall grasses if I don’t have to. And I will wear my baseball hat when appropriate. Call me paranoid. I prefer to call myself prepared for a great holiday.
Are mosquitos and ticks a problem where you live or holiday?
sounds like a fun time with camping!! Mosquitos and ticks can be a problem here; we have a bug light that takes care of the mosquitos and the dog gets the tick treatment monthly, so far he hasn't had any recent ticks (He's had 2-3 in his life)
ReplyDeleteenjoy your adventures!
betty
I hate ticks. Absolutely loathe the creepy little things. The good news is, with the heat we have been having you shouldn't have a huge problem with them.
ReplyDeleteNormally, there are a ton of ticks where my parents live, but this year they didn't seem to be as prevalent--thank goodness!
ReplyDeleteHope you have a great time!