We invited some new friends over for dinner recently, and they came bearing gifts. A bottle of wine and a box of fudge, to be exact. Pretty sweet, hey?
Often when sharing a meal with friends, we each contribute to the dinner, which makes it easy to know what to bring. But even then, proper etiquette seems to suggest an additional gift. Even when the host says, “Just bring yourselves”, it’s still better to err on the side of generosity.
I certainly don’t want to put that expectation on my guests, though.
What sort of gift, if any, do you usually bring with you when invited over to a friend’s home for supper?
I will sometimes bring flowers. Nothing expensive, just a bouquet from the grocery store. Flowers are good for the spirit :)
ReplyDeleteFlowers are always a good idea!
DeleteYikes I rarely bring anything unless it was asked for but maybe I need to re think that! Do moustaches count?
ReplyDeleteI can't see why you couldn't bring a moustache..would be a great topic of conversation! ;)
DeleteI always feel like I should bring something but I never know exactly what to bring. I think I would lean towards flowers.
ReplyDelete