I’m not really much of a collector, but there are two items I do love to purchase, even if I don’t need them. They are pens and journals. Every once in a while I crave a trip to Staples, Costco, or even Walmart to see what they have for me. Now, for me, Costco doesn’t make a lot of sense anymore because, I mean, do I really need 50 pens at my disposal? I am home alone most of the day, working away on the computer!
But, apparently, one day I thought it was a good idea to purchase the most boring (but reliable) set of pens around, probably because it was a ‘good deal’. I have no idea what I’m going to do with them all. Stocking stuffers? (Won’t THAT be exciting!)
I’m also always in search of the best gel pen ever. And I tend to purchase cool pens to tuck inside my students’ portfolios at report card time. I sometimes keep a few for myself, though.
As for journals, I’m constantly in search of the perfect devotional journal. I keep coming back to the economical and practical 5 subject notebook, but lately it’s been hard to find. Superstore, Staples and Walmart have been lacking that particular notebook lately. What’s with that?
So, I pick up random interesting looking journals, but sometimes they are just too pretty to write in. So, they sit on my shelf waiting for me to give them purpose.
What do you have more than enough of and you just can’t help adding to the collection?
Like mother like daughter. The journal on the right is the same one I have! I like it...nice roomy pages, and of course coil bound is always a plus! :)
ReplyDeleteps. why on earth did you buy so many boring pens?! I have been faithful to one kind for a couple years now. Its a black ink pen that writes beautifully. I think its called "energel".
Yarn. :-)
ReplyDeleteNow that you mentioned it, I haven't seen that 5-subject notebook; I use a similar size for my devotional notebooks and today, in need of one, the only one I could find was a 2-subject one with 100 pages; won't take long to fill that up. Maybe people don't use notebooks anymore?
ReplyDeletebetty
I was thinking the same thing.. the 5 subject notebooks are so much thicker. I miss them!
DeleteI totally get it. I love pens and journals too. In fact, I've bought that big pack of boring Bic pens myself in the past.
ReplyDelete