Nov 7, 2012

Moving On

We have a rental property across the street. This past year, we have had the most amazing tenants. They treated the home as if it was their own. It was kept tidy, clean, and we were paid our rent every month without fail. They were quiet and friendly.

They are settling up north this month to live where he works six weeks on, two weeks off. Sad for us, happy for them. She’s expecting her first child and they don’t want to be apart anymore.

She is a woman who is full of life and sees the good in things (and so interesting to talk to). I will really miss her, although I hardly know her. We only visited for brief moments at a time over the year, dropping things off, exchanging baking or vegetables, etc,  but she is one of those people who is hard not to like. I just know she’s going to be a great mom.

Had her over today for a little visit. It was my opportunity to give her a little gift for her baby.  My only regret is that I wished I had gotten to know her better and we could have become better friends.  I have a feeling we will keep in touch, though. She says she’s going to come visit me next year when she comes down with her baby. :) 

What have you done to get to know your neighbours?  Do you find it hard to get to know them and share your life with them?

6 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you are losing such good renters! Have you found new renters yet? I might know a couple who would be interested.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we did find new renters, moving in Dec. 1st. But who knows how long they will stay? I'll let you know if we are looking again in the next while!

      Delete
  2. I really don't know our neighbours. People in the country although friendly, seem to keep to themselves. (Until they need to borrow a piece of farm equipment!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, maybe the more space people have around them, the more private they are.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like wonderful renters/neighbors. Honestly, I haven't done much to get to know our neighbors. I tend to stay to myself . When the kids were young I would make an effort to get to know the neighbors especially if the kids were close in age.

    enjoy Thursday!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is hard to get to know neighbours these days. I find they do tend to want to keep to themselves. At least in our neighbourhood.

      Delete

Hey, thanks for popping by! I appreciate your visit and your comments :) It's fun to make new friends!