Nov 29, 2012

Table Matters

I attended a nutritionist's talk at our local health food store tonight and came away with some strategies to keep from gaining unwanted weight over the holidays. I've been trying to stay away from sugar most days, but lately I've been slightly lackadaisical about it. Gotta be more intentional, because I know that if I eat better, I feel better.

Here are a few tips to enjoy holiday eats:

1. Drink water before you eat.
2. Choose a small plate, if possible.
3. Choose more protein.
4. Choose the foods you will really enjoy.
5. Chew slowly. Savour the flavours.
6. Wait at least 10 minutes before you refill your plate. You might not actually want more.
7. Move away from the food table. Out of sight, out of mind. Hopefully.

How do you plan to avoid eating too much this season?

3 comments:

  1. I am planning to ask each child plus Jay what their favourite Christmas baked item is and make it for them. All of those will be made with wheat, and I don't eat wheat. I will make just a couple of treats that are gluten-free. Less to eat translates into less eating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are all great points! I have a friend who gave up sugar and has lost almost 50 pounds so far.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do most of those things on a regular basis so it's nice to hear that I'm doing something right! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for popping by! I appreciate your visit and your comments :) It's fun to make new friends!