Nov 10, 2012

What next?

My family thinks I’m a techno junkie, that is, I always want the latest technological gadget, just because it’s available. Which, for the record, isn’t really true. I only really appreciate technology that serves a purpose and is reasonable.  For example, I have never owned an iPhone and never really fixated on one. I did own an iTouch, though, but that came to me used. I also have a Kindle, which was a Mother’s Day gift, and again, is very practical.

For my last birthday I received an android phone, the Samsung S2, which I must admit that I am very fond of.  What I love most about it is the camera and the texting ability. When you’ve never had this before, it’s a big deal. How long have smart phones been around? And only recently have I acquired one. 

I do have a desk top computer, which I must have for work. And I have an old laptop. It’s clunky, heavy, and slow. And just recently, the battery light keeps flashing, although I’ve charged it for a few days. If I remove the power cord, it shuts down. It has issues, clearly, probably indicating that it is on its last legs.  I use my laptop when I’m relaxing on the couch. It’s for when I’m not working. If it dies, what will I do?

I’ve had my eye on a Netbook. I think it would be perfect to replace my laptop.  Mostly, I would use it as a word processor  (a creative outlet mostly) or to watch a Netflix movie now and then. I could easily slip it into my purse and use it on the go.

I probably won’t be purchasing one anytime soon, but it’s a thought.  What is your favorite techno device?

7 comments:

  1. I'm not very techno savvy; one would call me techno challenged so I keep my devices very simple, LOL. I don't have a smart phone, I'm really afraid to get one; I don't need anything smarter than me, LOL :) I use a desktop computer for both work and play; hubby has a laptop, its fun to use sometimes but sometimes I can't get the handle on how to use it. I think I would like a Kindle some day, but then I wonder if I would miss actually holding a book in my hands. It is just amazing how much technology is out there compared to a short 30 years ago.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right..it IS amazing! And things change so fast.. in a few years there will be whole new raft of devices to overwhelm us!

      Delete
  2. That's a tough question. I guess I would have to say my favourite techno device is whichever one I'm using at the moment. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh there is no doubt that it is my ipad. Great for work, great for reading, great for fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought about an iPad, but I don't know if I'd use it that much, compared to a netbook..but I could be very wrong!

      Delete
  4. I am in a tie frame of mind as I use my laptop and iphone multiple times every day and I'd have to say I'd be lost without either of them.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for popping by! I appreciate your visit and your comments :) It's fun to make new friends!