Sad news to share. My dear Tante Mary (Maria was her real name, but I always called her Mary) died suddenly yesterday (most likely a heart attack). Totally unexpected, which leaves those who loved her in shock. She was only 67 years old. I, in my fifties, don't see that as very old anymore. She was a loving, caring person, and had a beautiful smile. She was one of those people who made others feel valued.She will be missed by her husband, children, their spouses, grandchildren, siblings, and many other relatives.
Today my other aunt, Maria's younger sister, sent us all an email and included this poem. Which says it so much better than I could have.
We do rejoice because my aunt is now with Jesus in heaven. She is having a grand reunion with her parents and siblings, and other relatives that have gone before her (I can't even imagine it, really!) We ARE joyous about that.
But the pain is real here. My dad and his siblings, my uncle, his children, his grandchildren are all in my thoughts and prayers today.
Weeping may last through the night, but joy comes with the morning. Psalm 30:5
GONE FROM MY SIGHT
I am standing upon the seashore. A ship at my side spreads her white sails to the morning breeze and starts for the blue ocean. She is an object of beauty and strength and I stand and watch her until, at length, she hangs like a speck of white cloud just where the sea and sky come down to mingle each other.
Then someone at my side says, "There! She is gone!"
Gone where? Gone from my sight, that is all.
She is just as large in mast and hull and spar and just as strong in beam as she was when she left my side.
She is just as able to bear her load of living freight to
the place of destination.
Her diminished size is in me, not in her; and just at the moment when someone at my side says, "She is gone!" , there
are other eyes watching her coming and other voices ready to take up the glad shout, "There she comes !".
And that is dying.
- Henry Van Dyke -
Sorry to hear!! And love the poem. Will be praying for your family.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry for your loss Aneta.
ReplyDeleteOh Aneta. I'm so sorry as well. And it's esp. hard during the holidays. Please take care.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry Aneta - my prayers are with you!
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry for your family's loss. I have heard that poem before; it is comforting to know you will see your Tante Mary again, though I know the sadness will be with you as you are surrounded with her loss.
ReplyDeletebetty
My deepest sympathies to you and your family...Loss not matter what is difficult I shall be praying for strength in the days to come...
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry, Aneta. It is always so sad to lose a beloved aunt.
ReplyDeleteSo sorry to hear of the death of your aunt. It's always a blow, especially when so sudden.
ReplyDelete