Dec 26, 2012

My Favorite Gifts- Joy In My World

  • Spending time a couple of days before Christmas with my coast - dwelling sister. Serendipitous! Our families usually spend Christmas together, but it didn't work out this year. So this almost made up for it.
  • Spending Christmas Day with my favorite people in the entire world - my pod - unfortunately, minus my two favorite young marrieds, but I'll see them soon. :)
  • Hearing "Mom, this is the best egg bake you've ever made".
  • Watching family share gifts with each other. It's not what or how much. It's just the love shared and shown through giving.
  • Laughing together while out snowshoeing for a couple of hours in the afternoon.


  • Enjoying the most scrumptious (gluten free) egg nog cheesecake, lovingly prepared by my culinarily-gifted daughter. Oh my.
  • Listening to new Christmas music this year. Usually I am so sick of Christmas music by the 25th of December , but today is the 26th and I'm still enjoying the tunes. A lot! In case you're interested, they are...
Casting Crowns "Peace on Earth"

North Point Christmas

Rod Stewart "Merry Christmas, Baby"

James Taylor "At Christmas"

  • Taking time to take the Christmas story in again... overwhelmed by God's love.. again.
  • Oh, and I'm enjoying this, too.

Merry Christmas, dear readers! Hope you were able to experience some joy pops the last few days, too!

 

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a fantastic Christmas! I see you got a Kuerig. Are you enjoying it? Jay loves his, and it got quite a workout here over Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I am enjoying it. I've put away my kettle and my old coffeemaker. For the most part, the Keurig is all I will need to make hot drinks. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for popping by! I appreciate your visit and your comments :) It's fun to make new friends!