Jan 14, 2013

Oblivious

The kids came over for a Saturday brunch last week, and as usual I was busy in the kitchen, music playing on the kitchen counter, as I was flipping pancakes and frying up eggs.

"Mom, do you know what you're listening to?" my 22 year old son says.

"Yes", I say. "Mumford and Sons... I like their music."

"Do you know what they're saying in this song?"

"No, not really. Why?"

"Maybe you should listen to it a little more closely."

mmm..it turns out the F-bomb was dropping and I didn't even know it!!

Oops. Maybe I'll delete that particular song off of my playlist.

I really DO like their music, though.

 

4 comments:

  1. Never heard of the group, but I don't know why those that use profanity in music think its cool. They mess up a perfectly good song when they do that.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's true... I don't want to be humming away and then suddenly belt out a profanity! The song has such a catchy tune, too!

      Delete
  2. I have had the same thing happen to me too...loving a song until I suddenly notice a word or phrase that is upsetting...darn it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha. I listen to that album at work all the time, but I have removed that particular song from the playlist.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for popping by! I appreciate your visit and your comments :) It's fun to make new friends!