Jan 7, 2013

To Tell the Truth

Oldest son was scheduled for jury selection today and quite looking forward to the experience. But he texted me later and told me he wasn't one of the chosen. I wanted to know why, since I think he'd be a perfect candidate!

Here's the reply I received:

I was shocked! What is this world coming to now, when being homeschooled is a reason NOT to be chosen to sit on a jury. So, I thought about it on and off throughout the day, formulating a good blog post in my mind, if the truth be told. I thought I had better get a few more details from Son before I posted, though. I wanted to get the story straight.

Well, it turns out, my son has been at it again. Always pulling my leg! His number didn't get picked, it was as simple as THAT. He was one of almost 400 people being considered for four trials, two of which were cancelled at the last minute.

That's the last time I'll believe anything he tells me. ....yeah, right.

 

 

8 comments:

  1. We had a good laugh when he sent that in..."Mom will believe a lot of things, but there's no way she will believe THIS"...."BAHAHAHA!"
    You need to develop some serious skepticism when it comes to your children as a reliable source, Ma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a great joke! But I could actually see where there could possibly be times someone wouldn't be chosen because they had homeschooled. For instance, what if it was a trial that had a public school teacher brought up on some kind of charge? The defence attorney might claim the juror had a prejudice against teachers. People get excused from jury duty for a variety of strange reasons. So I don't think you were gullible at all. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha...those kids! You just have to get them good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for my daily belly laugh! I didn't question it at all, but then our kids wouldn't think that was out of character.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is hilarious! And I totally am gullible to all my children's pulling of my leg!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! I totally believed it too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for popping by! I appreciate your visit and your comments :) It's fun to make new friends!