Well, I know that's not true, but actually, for 2 1/2 hours today, it WAS all about me. I finally made an appointment to use my gift certificate from It's All About You massage and relaxation. My chiddlers gifted me this certificate last Mother's Day. I know, I know. Why did it take me so long to use it? Well, I did make an appointment for last November, but postponed it when our kids gave us that wonderful anniversary gift to Harrison Hot Springs Hotel in September, which included a side by side couple's massage. So, I tucked the certificate away for a few more months and decided on this week. A little pick-me-up in one of the drabbest months of the year.
It was wonderful! I got the 'The Works'' - Swedish body massage (including hot stones!), a facial, and a pedicure. Lots of aromatherapy, and I was offered a cup of tea and a dessert plate full of fruit and chocolate, as well. I definitely recommend this spa. She went the extra mile to really make me feel pampered. It's the best massage I've had yet. (And half the price of the other one!)
One thing I didn't anticipate was walking two blocks downtown back to my car in these:
Because I got my toenails painted as part of the pedicure, I couldn't very well put my socks and shoes back on. I had forgotten my flip flops, so had to wear what the spa offered - paper thin sandals. I felt like I was walking barefoot back to my car, IN the middle of winter! Thankfully, sidewalks had no snow and it was a relatively warm day (meaning: above freezing). I did not make eye contact with anyone as I shuffled back to the parking lot!
What would your "It's All About Me" day look like?

awesome you sure deserve a me day and your toes look marvelous darling!
ReplyDeleteBrrr - but it sounds like a very enjoyable day! It's nice to take time to relax and just enjoy ourselves! :)
ReplyDeleteNow you just need a trip to Mexico to show off those toes! Good for you for taking this little break :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a perfect way to spend the day!
ReplyDeleteMy kids gave me a spa GC over a year ago and I still haven't used it. I suppose I should get on that!
What a fun day! The dessert plate sounds yummy! ~Angela
ReplyDeleteSounds great! Anybody who noticed your footwear probably knew exactly why and was jealous. Ladies anyway. :-)
ReplyDelete