Feb 2, 2013

Monthly Challenge Update #1

I am happy to announce that I met my goal for January (just barely, but I did!). I have written in my memoirs four times this month. That is four more times than I would have if I had not challenged myself to buckle down and get back into the project. My mom was over for a week, and I was able to ask her a few questions about her childhood, so that fit in very nicely with my goal. I have decided to continue writing once per week. Slowly but surely, I will finish this!

For February, I've decided to get serious once again about physical fitness. I am going to do something active for 1/2 hour a day, at least 4 days per week. And I have to exert energy..it can't be a cake walk. That's not too much to ask, is it? Our church is beginning a couch to 5K run club this weekend. So, that means only 3 other days to worry about. I have a few challenging fitness DVD's. Jillian Michael has been kicking my butt with her KettleBell routine. It's a great 30 minute workout!

Here's to self discipline!

 

4 comments:

  1. Good job keeping up with your goals! Barely counts! :) That sounds like a great goal for this month - I need to work on exercising too, 4 days a week shouldn't be hard but I'm good at excuses.

    Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a master at excuses. I have to continually kick those in the butt, too!!

      Delete
  2. You just inspired me! I was sitting here waffling about my February goal - which it terrible considering it's the 3rd already.
    I'm so glad abut your January success. And I'm glad you got to see your mom.
    See you at Run Club today. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for popping by! I appreciate your visit and your comments :) It's fun to make new friends!