I thought I was immune to all the bad viruses floating around this winter, but one caught me the last few days. I could feel it creeping up on me earlier this week, but I tried to pay it no heed. Well, it's got me in its clutches. The 3 C's (and an E)- cough, cold, congestion (and exhaustion) - Get thee behind me!!
And now I feel so housebound and a little stir crazy. So, I can empathize and sympathize with all of you who are feeling sick or are nursing your family members back to health. And I especially feel for those of you who are ill and have young children to look after!
Of course, I know nothing about chronic illnesses and wouldn't want to compare myself to that. I'm just saying, it sucks to be sick!
Especially when Spring is in the air! As you can see by the photo taken from my chair, the snow is melting and the sun is (finally) out for more than just a few minutes. It is wonderful!!
But I can only enjoy it from inside the house. It's funny, when I don't feel well, I make a lot of plans for when I am up and at 'em once again. When my vim and vigor return--
I'm going to get out every day and exercise.
I'm going to bake muffins and loaves and have them available for my hubby and for when the kids drop by.
I'm going to have company over for dinner. I'm going to be soooo productive. We shall see.
In reality, I'll be happy if I just stay on top of my work obligations at this point in the year.
Speaking of being sick, here's a fun little poem by Shel Silverstein. Hope you get a little chuckle out of it.
'I cannot go to school today, '
'I have the measles and the mumps,
A gash, a rash and purple bumps.
My mouth is wet, my throat is dry,
My tonsils are as big as rocks,
I've counted sixteen chicken pox
And there's one more-that's seventeen,
And don't you think my face looks green?
My leg is cut-my eyes are blue-
It might be instamatic flu.
I cough and sneeze and gasp and choke,
I'm sure that my left leg is broke-
My hip hurts when I move my chin,
My belly button's caving in,
My back is wrenched, my ankle's sprained,
My 'pendix pains each time it rains.
My nose is cold, my toes are numb.
I have a sliver in my thumb.
My neck is stiff, my voice is weak,
I hardly whisper when I speak.
My tongue is filling up my mouth,
I think my hair is falling out.
My elbow's bent, my spine ain't straight,
My temperature is one-o-eight.
My brain is shrunk, I cannot hear,
There is a hole inside my ear.
I have a hangnail, and my heart is-what?
What's that? What's that you say?
You say today is...Saturday?
G'bye, I'm going out to play! '

Hope you're feeling better soon. I do that too, planning all kinds of activities for when I'm feeling fit but somehow I forget them all once life returns to normal.
ReplyDeleteHope you will feel better very soon. Love the poem.
ReplyDeleteToo cute with the poem! I hope you feel better soon! I think we all do make great plans we will do when we have time to ponder :)
ReplyDeletebetty
Love the poem...I do hope you are feeling better soon. Nothing worse than being cooped up on sunny days. I'm feeling a bit better today so my fingers are crossed and my toes and my eyes and even a few strands of my greasy hair...
ReplyDeleteHugs!
What a great poem! It reminds me of my kids. ;)
ReplyDeleteI hope you're feeling better by now.