Feb 26, 2013

Unfit for a King

Tonight I succeeded in cooking the most tasteless meal ever. I thought it was going to be one of those 'throw something together really quick, but tasty' meals, and it ended up being a 'throw something together really quick, but then throw it up' kind. Okay, not that bad, but Hubby agreed this was my worst meal of 2013, or maybe of the last 10 years. It had all the basics, but none of the goodness. How bad can a basic chicken, rice, and veggie meal be? Pretty bad, apparently.

But I have an excuse.

My sense of taste has left me for the time being. Because of this cold-that-never-ends, my sense of smell is gone... which means my sense of taste has all but disappeared. So, I kept adding spices, etc, but couldn't really tell if it was working.

Just because I can't really enjoy flavors right now, though, doesn't mean I have stopped eating. I like eating, so that tradition carries on.

So, tonight, I'm going to enjoy this.. a piece of gluten free Black Forest dropped off by one of the moms I work with. Sweet, hey? I can just IMAGINE how good it really tastes!

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Hey, at least you have an excuse. I have made a few tasteless meals like that when I did not have a cold and plugged sinuses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw that's cute. Too bad though. It's horrible when you put effort into something (especially when you're sick) and then it doesn't work out.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for popping by! I appreciate your visit and your comments :) It's fun to make new friends!