Apr 8, 2013

G is for Goodbye to Yesterday

You've probably heard of NaNoWriMo, National Novel Writing Month, the crazy, but wonderful writing challenge that is offered every November. Thousands of people around the world ,who love to write, join the Challenge with the goal of typing a 50,000 word novel in 30 days. I joined the Challenge in 2005 and 2006. I didn't know what I was getting myself into and it WAS a crazy month. But I really loved this marathon. Twice.

In 2005, the self-publishing company Lulu.com offered to publish a completed NaNoWriMo novel for FREE! So, I submitted my barely edited novella and ordered a few copies to pass on to some close friends and family (who asked).

How about you? Have you ever joined NaNoWriMo and finished a book, just for the fun of it?

 

 

7 comments:

  1. I didn't know Lulu.com did that - I must check them out. I did Camp Nano for the first time last August and I thought it was great - and it's also a great way for me to get down and write a book when I'm not actually bursting with it. The Talent Seekers was the product of that - due out next month!
    Happy A to Z-ing
    Jemima at Jemima's blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never heard of it, but sounds like a great challenge. Must check it out sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That sounds like fun. But what a lot of work. 30 day to finish a novel? I'm going t have to make a note of it for this year and see what I can do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your "dedication" cracks me up! Coincidental or confidential...either way, I think it might be possible to identify some "real life" characters in there ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have required my boys to do it, with a smaller word count, as part of their school work, but I never have tried to do it. I think it scares me. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is very cool! I didn't know they did that. I participate in NaNo every year - I LOVE the program! It's such great motivation to actually write. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I admire so those who take up this challenge. I struggle through just a simple daily A-Z.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for popping by! I appreciate your visit and your comments :) It's fun to make new friends!