A few years ago, I picked up knitting needles again. I used to knit a bit as a teen and then in my early twenties. Then life got too busy and the needles and the interest in knitting were safely tucked away.
My first sock pattern was a photocopy given to me by a friend. I learned how to use double pointed needles! Then I borrowed the book Knit Socks! from the library. It was a great book with simple instructions, enough how-to info for any beginner, and a great variety of sock patterns from easy to advanced. I put this book on my wish list, and one Christmas my daughter gave it to me.
This copy is the updated version of the original book. I actually like the first edition better because it has a few basic sock patterns that are missing in the update. (Interesting how 'updates' aren't necessarily improvements!) But it's a favorite, nonetheless.
So, what craft do you spend time on?

I love those! Looks like you are quite good at it. I tried to learn how to knit once (or crochet?) when I was a kid, but it didn't take. I think people who can do it are so cool! :) If I spend time on a craft, it is probably scrapbooking more than anything, but I haven't done that in a while. I enjoy it though!
ReplyDeleteI knitted one sock several years ago. I need to knit the mate! Hope to get this done soon:)
ReplyDeleteI've never done any knitting before, but I do like doing some cross-stich when I can. :) I like to make baby bibs!
ReplyDelete