Apr 23, 2013

T is for That These Two Will Live

This book, published in 2011, was written by my sister in law, Sharla Kostelyk, and is the story of her and my brother's adventure in international adoption. They are the parents of 7 children, 5 of whom have been adopted. Two of these children are my very special nephew and niece Elijah and Sedaya, siblings from Ethiopia. This story begins when Mark and Sharla find out that the adoption agency they had been working through has gone bankrupt, leaving 43 children in Ethiopia with a very uncertain future in the transition home they are staying at. With faith, determination, and unwavering commitment and love for these children, they do what it takes to bring them home.

This inspiring book not only tells a wonderful story, it takes the reader into the why's and how's of international adoption. It confirms the truth that we may not be able to do everything, but we all can do something to show love and mercy in an often cold and harsh world. And it's often more than we think we can do!

 

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fantastic book! I have a friend that adopted a little girl from Ethiopia. Sadly, she was later diagnosed with a terminal disease, but at least her last years will be spent in the arms of her mom, rather than in an orphanage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck to those little children.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great story! I'm glad your brother and sister in law were able to help these children.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. This sounds like an amazing story. Thank you for introducing it to us. I have some friends in the adoption process. Not only does it sound like something I would like to read, but I will have to share it with them. No doubt they will be blessed. God bless, Maria at Delight Directed Living

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like an incredible book! I'm glad that they were able to help them!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for popping by! I appreciate your visit and your comments :) It's fun to make new friends!