May 26, 2013

What's Up?

When I wrote "Now, I'm going to focus on some Spring activities, and catch some sun!" in my last post, I didn't really realize that it would stretch out over almost 3 weeks!! But it seems I've needed the break.

Sometimes I see my life through the blog lense, and it almost begins to feel obsessive. I find myself constantly forming blog posts in my head about things I see, do, and feel, and it drives me crazy sometimes. So, I'm trying to set the 'blog camera' aside for a while and just do life like a normal person. ;)

And it's been rather refreshing. I've planted a garden. I've helped my hubby with some outside home renos (it's going to be a long process!!)

I've actually been almost completely 'off the internet grid' for the past few days (camping in the rain!) and it was all good. Cell coverage was spotty, so I couldn't even text or check emails on my phone unless I took a 5 minute walk away from our campsite. Really, it was a good thing.

I managed to be productive. I finished reading two books, worked on several knitting projects, spent time with friends instead of my computer, and even did some 'homework' I've been putting off.

And it really hit home how 'noisy' the internet is. Sometimes I feel like I'm in a huge room with thousands of people all talking over each others' heads. And I'm getting whiplash by trying to focus on too many conversations. It's time for me to leave the room and head to one that's a little smaller and quieter. Or maybe even just be alone with my own thoughts. Novel idea!

And I realized how I use the computer to procrastinate doing the things I really want to do. Not good. I need to set some boundaries (again).

So, I'm backing off from blogging for a bit. I may be updating my book blog (have some obligations there), but other than that, my wordly footprint will be a bit sparse.

It might be a few days, a few weeks, or *gasp* even longer.

Thanks to my faithful readers who check on me now and then.

Hope you all enjoy your Spring and take time to smell the (real) roses!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for popping by! I appreciate your visit and your comments :) It's fun to make new friends!