Two long pieces of trim laid out on sawhorses, ready for me to paint a brilliant white. My roller is full of paint. I move it forward, back, forward back, applying wet, shiny, sticky paint to the boards. Looks just about perfect. It just needs to dry.
Then a fly comes by and makes a smooth landing. Its legs stick to the board. It struggles as it tries to move. Things get worse. Paint covers its legs, weighing them down. The insect can't get away. Its life is ruined. One minute it was free as a ...fly, and the next.. a life pretty well over.
"Stupid fly", I say. I try to help it. I flick it off the board, but it can't take off... it spirals down into the grass.
I know, it's just a fly. But it reminds me of me. Of messes I make of things. How I can't fix it myself. I'm stuck.
Thankfully, God doesn't say "Stupid person", and flick me out of the way, leaving me to fend for myself (knowing I'll be spiralling downward). Somehow, he'll clean me up and help me to fly again.
Because He can. And that's what He does.

Awesome post! He is a most amazing God! Can't wait to see pics of the finished project!
ReplyDeleteare you talking about the house or me? ;)
Deleteyes, so true. Thankfully!
ReplyDelete