Yes, I'm still here, just not HERE blogging much! Have been away for our annual Cortes Island getaway, and now back full tilt into summer projects at home (before we take off again for my nephew's wedding this summer!)
Oh, I've thought of things I want to write about, but I just never seem to sit down and make time. Hopefully I'll get back in the swing of things sooner rather than later, but summer really is a time to just relax and not put too many 'shoulds' on myself. I want to breathe deep, slow down, and just savour summer.. it flies by too quickly!
I was out and about today, running errands. Groceries, doc appointment, Home Depot for paint, and Michael's for some yarn and crafty things (I had a 25% off total order coupon!). Got home and finished off these with some colorful buttons I picked up. A homeschool mom I work with is expecting her 3rd child (her 3rd boy!) any day now, so I thought this would be a sweet gift for her.
Giving the exterior of our home a facelift has been THE BIG PROJECT of the summer. It's slow going, but it's lookin' good. I can't wait to be done (hate messes), but I am trying to be patient and enjoy the process. Here are a few pics, so you can see what we've been up to..
This is BEFORE... as in
-before we replaced the windows
-before we added a peaked overhang and covered area to the front of our house (we hired a friend to build that).
-before we ripped off the siding and began replacing it with CountryLane Red Hardiplank.
-Well, I shouldn't really say 'we', it's been mostly 'he'. I'm the painter. He does just about everything else. He's my handyman! :) I have prepped and painted the garage doors, etc, so far.. lots to go.
As I was saying, here's the before... and in progress... we are happy with the changes so far.





So love the look of the porch on your home. A wonderful touch and makes it more cozy. And it's interesting to see architecture in different parts of our country and in others (your beautiful Canada). Never see houses like your style here, but I really like it.
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see the finished product. And, before I go, the bibs are adorable. You ARE busy. :)
can't wait to see the final look
ReplyDeleteWelcome home! I love the bibs :)
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you had a nice getaway and are home safely. And what changes! Goodness, I can't wait to see the final results!
ReplyDelete