This is Sadie.
Sadie is a SWEET dog. I've known Sadie since she was a 6 week old pup, when our neighbours brought her home. Sadie is probably 8 years old, I'm guessing. We have a good relationship. Well, I really don't see much of her, but we do talk over the fence sometimes, and when Nancy and her family are away for the day, I look after Sadie. This means I head over to her house and let her out into her yard, and then back in at the end of the day. I also pop over a couple of times to sit and chat with her. She is very lonely today, missing her family. So she is particularly excited when I come by to spend a few minutes with her. I decided to take my iPad and blog on Sadie's deck.
This is about the closest I'll come to owning a REAL dog in the next while, I think. It's not because I don't like dogs (although big ones generally scare me, and loose ones ramp up my BP!). We have fond memories of our dear departed Sheni (retriever/beagle cross).
It's mostly because Buddy the (Attack) Cat doesn't like dogs. Buddy attacked my friend's dog a couple of weeks back, to the point of drawing blood. It was not a pleasant sight to behold. To be fair, Buddy didn't get any warning when I opened the door after returning home from a walk with my friend. Buddy zipped out the door (he tends to do that on a regular basis now that he's tasted the outdoor life), pretty well smack dab at the feet of Cholo (whose about the same size as Sadie). That's when Buddy the (Attack) Cat went ballistic! And that's when I decided maybe getting a dog might not be fair to the dog.. Buddy doesn't even show fear when the Bull Mastiff next door barks at him. I hope I never see THAT showdown.
I've thought about getting a lap dog, but I just don't think the time is right. I have a feeling Buddy might not enjoy sharing my lap. But never say never. Maybe when Buddy passes on to the Delectable Mouse Fields In the Sky, or he gets declawed and defanged... one or the other..
For now, I'll just enjoy other people's dogs!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Hey, thanks for popping by! I appreciate your visit and your comments :) It's fun to make new friends!