I'm doing a link up today here with Emily at Chatting At the Sky. So, here goes... here are 11 things I learned in August (or relearned!):
1. How to use Instagram. I'm not much of a Facebook person, so I thought maybe Instagram might be more my style. Private. The verdict is still out whether I'll continue with it.
2. That Purdy's Salted Caramels are... Heavenly. Dangerous.
3. Just found out that Ellie Holcomb has an album out. I have only heard her as part of Drew Holcomb and the Neighbours. She has a lovely voice and a peaceful, simple music style. I like.
4. That choosing to stay alone in a hotel room isn't so bad. I actually quite enjoyed it while out of town on business for 3 days and 2 nights. By the end of the day, I was 'peopled out', so it was kinda nice spending time with just me, myself, and I.
5. That Cable TV is...something I will never miss.
6. Walking a labyrinth is something I will do again---another way of experiencing God which I found very meaningful.
7. A few more checks off of my 'Facing Fears' wishlist can only make me stronger.
8. That being married for 31 years doesn't mean we have the perfect marriage. But, despite our weaknesses, selfishness, not seeing eye-to-eye, times when we feel like walking out, we both agree that we still really WANT to be married to each other. Thank God for forgiveness and grace! Ahh..long time married love. Nothing like it. :)
9. We have the most thoughtful children! Look what we were presented with for our anniversary this year; not sure where we will be affixing it yet... inside or out?
10. That if I imagine Jesus walking beside me when I'm feeling insecure or stressed, I feel stronger.
11. Amy Grant will always be one of my favorite music artists. Love her new album.
What new thing did you learn this month?



awe nice post!
ReplyDeleteGreat post!
ReplyDeleteI am perplexed by Instagram. What do you do with it? Is it just a place to post pictures, and who sees those pictures - just people you allow to view them, or the whole world? I need to do some more investigating.
I do believe I warned you about those Purdy's salted caramels. :-)
One of the things I learned in August is it is way easier to actually kayak than it is to get the kayak on top of the vehicle.
Oh, yes, you DID warn me about those caramels! Instagram has a private setting, so that you can post pics to a select group of people quite easily. And, like Facebook, you can comment and 'love' a pic. So, it's sort of like Facebook, but more manageable, I think.
DeleteAgreed about the kayak... it's the same with canoeing!
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete