On another note, I have (miraculously) prepared myself somewhat for my 21 Day Sugar Detox, which officially starts today. As I was going through the recipe ideas and such, I had considered planning out my week, but then realized that was much too overwhelming. So, I really am going to do this One Day At A Time. I have done the necessary prep work, which was making sure I had the ingredients in the house. Now my fridge is stuffed with veggies, and my freezer with meat! D is watching, so I'd better use all those fresh veggies up and not let them go to waste! That's a LOT of veggies!
Then I prepared two breakfast ideas:
Banola - granola sans grain -- lots of seeds, nuts, and bananas (green tipped ;)
and Buffalo Chicken Egg Muffins
Taste tested by D and 2 thumbs up. I hope they taste good warmed up!
Enjoyed a final 'sweet' - 1/2 cheesecake leftover from Christmas festivities... didn't even enjoy it all that much (at least I'm telling myself that!)
I am not doing this detox alone. I have a friend in Alberta who will be texting me daily how she is doing, and I will do the same. And a local friend starts next week. Hope I will last that long to be a support to her (and a glowing example of stick-to-it-ness!)
Hope you all have a great week, and stay WARM if you are in cold climes!! It's unbelievably cold on the prairies right now (in the -40's!!). -8C is cold enough for me! Glad to be working from home today!





Buffalo Chicken egg muffins sound good!! Is that a pinterest find?
ReplyDeleteNo, it's in the 21 Day Sugar Detox book. I'll show it to you the next time you are over.
DeleteBrr with the weather!!! Do stay warm! Good luck with your detox; I'm sure you'll feel great in 21 days :)
ReplyDeletebetty
Good luck with your detox Aneta...
ReplyDelete