It's been busy. I thought I should do a little update on what's been going on in my little world. Some good, some bad, and some a little.. ugly.
Here's something ugly to begin with! Uber Tuber!! Have you ever had potatoes grow sprouts this long?
Yes, I keep my potatoes under the stairs in a little dark storage area, and what I saw today just about made me shriek and whimper all at the same time. I mean, doesn't it look like a little monster or something? I really don't know when my potatoes grew these roots. Obviously, I forgot about that bag somehow. Well, it's dark in the under-the-stairs area and I must have overlooked them, since there's a new bag of potatoes keeping those company. I just found out that these sprouts contain neurotoxins, so I decided not to cut them up and fry them for supper. ;) If we had a bigger garden, I'd plant the potatoes, but I think they are destined for the compost pile.
Some good...
Spent the Easter weekend at the Coast with those on my side of the family (sister time!!) as well as the other side of the family. Visited with so many relatives in a short period of time! When you go from having NO extended family in town to visiting with more than 30 relatives in a short span of time, it can be a little overwhelming, but a whole lot of GREAT, too. We didn't stay long enough to have any family disputes. ;) Actually, it would have been nice to have one more day together. Isn't that usually the way it is?
Here's my little great-nephew. While at my sister's place, her neighbour across the street came to let us know that she had hidden some Easter eggs and was hoping little Seth would come by. So, we headed over. Here she is explaining the oh-so- important details about the hunt. Isn't this cute? After this pic was taken, Seth was a little blur of an egg-hunter! He doesn't sit still too long!
And more good..
My Bible Read Through 2014 is nearing completion! I am currently reading in Timothy and have about 6 books left to go. It's like looking down from an airplane over territory that you've driven or hiked through, being able to see how everything is connected -- something you don't really 'see' when you are walking a trail. So, it was very worthwhile and I'm planning to do it again next year, with a different version-- possibly The Message this time.
And more good..
I got to meet my newest great-nephew (6 weeks old), whose mama is GREEK! She is so much fun, and she bestowed upon each of us women the designation of YaYa, which is Grandma in Greek. In their culture, the sisters of the Grandma (YaYa) get to be YaYa's too! I can't believe I didn't take a picture of little Simeon. Take my word for it, he is beautiful.
I did not complete my Lent Art Journaling -- got to about Day 23 and then my interest seemed to wane. Rather than just continue because I said I would, I decided to just let it go.. (as in the Disney song from Frozen, yes THAT! You can thank me later for making that song replay in your head a few more times)
And the bad... yes, it hasn't all been rosy lately..
Been learning about pride and forgiveness and boundaries and all that sort of stuff through an awkward relationship issue these last few weeks (no, not immediate family..just an acquaintance). It's not fun, it's awkward, uncomfortable, and I just wish it would go away. It gives me stress headaches. But, of course, in all of it, God is teaching me stuff about me... ouch. I'm a slow, stubborn learner.
Oh, and one more good thing.. Glad He doesn't ever give up on me!


Love this post! Even the pic of the potatoes. Haha!
ReplyDeleteMonster....you made me laugh. You're a sweetheart...hope you know that. :)
ReplyDeleteI've been thinking of your monster potatoes all week...lol. I happened upon a blog about how to keep potatoes, onions and other tuber type foods fresh for up to 3 months...brown paper bags with holes punched into them...garlic too. No storing in refrigerator for onions and garlic...p.s. we have all had those moments...once it was a potato under the sink that had gotten free of the bag and hid in the corner it was huge!
ReplyDelete