Jun 16, 2014

The Simple Woman's Daybook

Welcome to...

FOR TODAY

Outside my window... it's been raining on and off all day,
 and it's quite cool in the house.

I am thinking...that I wish I was done with my online work so I could get 
my hands dirty in my vegetable and flower garden without guilt! 

I am thankful that our pool is now open! (even though it's too cold to use)

In the kitchen...I have leftovers waiting. Leftover steak, chicken kabobs, and potato salad made from small potatoes -- very yummy!

I am wearing skinny jeans, purple T shirt, and bare feet wrapped in a blanket!

I am creating a knitted pair of wool socks for winter. Some of mine are getting well worn and I'd like to have one new pair ready for Fall. Haven't been knitting much lately, though.

I am going nowhere this week, since I was gone for 3 days last week
 and now it's catch up time! The farthest I may travel is from the computer to the bedroom, or maybe the garden. 

I am wondering how to balance my time so that I can still enjoy other activities
even though I'm on a deadline to get these Report Cards done! It's been 10 years and I'm still not satisfied with how to balance work and play!

I am reading so many good books now, I can hardly stand it! Pursue the Intentional Life by Jean Fleming (reading along with InCourage Book Club -- highly recommended!)
The Distant Land of My Father by Bo Caldwell (great fiction that reads like a memoir..maybe it IS true? mmm... )Reclaiming Eve by Suzanne Burden and Madeleine L'Engle's A Circle of Quiet, and more.. have begun in broken places by Michele Phoenix, with the Midday Connection's 'You Pick' book club, but it hasn't grabbed me so I've put it aside. Not sure I'll finish it..or maybe I should give it more time.  

I am hoping to exercise more regularly (again). Had a  cold and cough which dragged on and  stole my energy and drive. Feeling a lot better now. No excuses, is what that means.
30 Day Shred - Wow! This DVD is amazing. After my second child I couldn't even suck in my tummy my muscles were so weak. I saw results after just my second workout!! 

I am looking forward to taking a short writing course online this Fall called "Journaling For Creative Growth" I'm a little afraid, because it takes commitment and I'm a 'commitment-phobe' at times!

I am learning that when you stick yourself out and take a risk, 
most often it's a good thing. Not always, but often. 

Around the house, it's awfully quiet. It's supper time and no one's home but me. 
So, I keep typing. Will warm up leftovers when my man gets home. 

I am pondering how great it was that our sons did the time-consuming work of opening up (summer-izing) our pool this year, surprising their dad who was working overtime on Saturday. He sure appreciated it! 

A favorite quote for today... "Ironically, to soar I must taste my weakness and my need. In the turbulence of life, I reach out to God. Surely, hurricane gales would carry me off if God's firm grip failed. But His love will not let me go. I find refuge in Him, and I soar. I soar in the growing knowledge and experience of God himself. He reveals Himself in Word as faithful, compassionate, loving, and able. The Lord meets me in my "squall". Life's storms and stresses draw me closer to Him. I soar most in the shadow of His wings."  (from Pursue the Intentional Life by Jean Fleming, p. 43,44)

One of my favorite things is to have a highlighter or pencil with me when I'm reading. Then, later, I can find the quotes I so enjoyed, in order to share them. 

A few plans for the rest of the week: work, work,work, take a break, buy flowers, replant some seeds in the garden, break off the scapes from my garlic plants (I'm so proud of them. They are growing so well!)

A peek into my day:
Buddy the Cat in a quiet moment

9 comments:

  1. I so enjoyed reading your daybook entry! I love your writing style. I REALLY like the quote! SO SO much truth in it! I see that you are a reader of multiple books also! I always have a few going at the same time, too! :) I hope you have a wonderful week...am glad that you are feeling better after your cold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I meant to tell you that when my hubby came in a little while ago I told him about the plastic owl seeming to keep the crows out of your garden. He's going to give it a try, also! Thanks again for sharing about that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was nice to read, I was struck that you had bare feet but a blanket wrapped around them. I would have had thick wool socks on I think :) I hope the weather does get nice enough to enjoy the pool sometime soon!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my daybook! Sounds like you are crazy busy right now! Hope things lighten up a bit, so you can enjoy the cold pool! :) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by my daybook! Sounds like you are crazy-busy right now! Hope things ease up a bit, so you can go enjoy that cold pool! :) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Aneta! I have a raging cold myself, and seasonal allergies to boot. Such fun, right? I know what you mean by feeling dragged down.
    I'm glad that's all over for you now. I can't wait to get back to exercising again, but like you said, I'm tired!
    Hope you can enjoy your pool soon, and God bless your family who helped out your hard working husband to get it done. Yay!
    Nice to see you again :)
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is so fun with daybooks giving a look into someones life right there right then. Today I got to a glimpse into yours and what stuck with me was your list of books you're reading. I can never read more than two books at the time or I mix it all together.
    I hope your cold clears out and that the weather gets better so you can enjoy your pool.
    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been in Victoria for the past few days and am just getting caught up on my blog reading. I hope you make it through the dreaded report card writing without feeling too stressed. If it's any consolation, I have a friend who has taught for over 20 years and she still struggles with report card writing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoyed this so much. The blanket wrapped feet part made me laugh because most days I tromp around here in shorts and a tank top and fuzzy boot-slippers. Ha!

    What a beautiful quote! This little glimpse into your life gave such a feeling of peace. :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for popping by! I appreciate your visit and your comments :) It's fun to make new friends!