Jul 23, 2014

Ask For What You Want

A number of years back I went to a personal growth seminar. As I was going through some old pics on my computer, I came across this:


And it reminded me of this 'point of power':

Ask for what you want. 

For example, if you want a sunken tub, be sure you're specific about what you mean.  ;)

If you are having a conversation with God, and you are talking about things heavy on your heart, be sure to ask for what you want.

Reminds me of Philippians 4:6 (paraphrased) Don't be anxious about anything, but in everything - with prayer, supplication, and thanksgiving - let God know what you want.. and God's peace that goes beyond understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. 

We are having quite the rain/lightning/thunderstorm here this afternoon. It reminded me of the storms of life. A little scary to go through. I wish I could say I never fear, but that wouldn't be true. But (by faith) I still cling to the truth: God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Yes, even in trouble.

Hope you are feeling secure today!

9 comments:

  1. What interesting clouds! So true to ask for what you want, but then to also say that God's will is better than ours; don't want to limit God in our prayers :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...and your words continue to bless me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the reference to God being our refuge and strength...an ever-present help in time of trouble! For He truly is our refuge in those storms of life. Thanks so much for sharing here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen...if only it came naturally like the storms of weather...but the best part is He is always there to reward us when we do submit our storms to Him, and when that peace fills us there is nothing better in the whole world compared to that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now, if only I knew what I wanted…. :-)

    Thanks Aneta. Great reminder!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for popping by! I appreciate your visit and your comments :) It's fun to make new friends!