Sep 13, 2014

No apologies, only likes, hugs, and high fives

It's been almost a month since I've blogged. I've decided that I'm going to embrace the "No Apologies Blogger" blogstyle.  I read this term on another blog and thought to myself, YES, that's me! I am okay with my intermittent blogging, my intermittent blog reading, and my lack of commenting at times.

I do check my favorite blogs in my bloglovin' feed and in my favourites list quite regularly. But it sometimes gets to be too much to comment. I feel bad not leaving comments sometimes, but often there is nothing to say but I simply want to nod in agreement or hug my blogfriend or give a high five in celebration. Don't you?

Well, I came across a MARVELLOUS idea on one of the blogs I read quite regularly--creating a 'LIKE' button on Blogger blogs.  She's given simple instructions and I can attest that it works :)  I now have a 'I liked this' button of sorts at the end of my post and a quick click on the box tells me you read my post and you "liked" it.

I'm considering editing it to include 3 choices: LIKE,  ((HUG)), and HIGH FIVE. Or maybe that's a little crazy. I might give it a go. Before I post this. (**or not..! not sure how to get the reaction options back once I delete them...if you know how, please let me know.)

I hope you add a "LIKE" option to your reactions. Then you'll know friends have  stopped by even when there may not be comments. And take a peek at Brenda's blog. I always feel better after having read it. Life IS Beautiful if you only look around (despite all the awful things going on around the world..ugh).

If you think a blog post being 'liked' is a good option, why not pass it on? The more the merrier.

And for a quick update:

Currently:
*listening to music on Jango.com -- Ellie Holcomb radio - LIKE!
*cooking a humungous Pork Roast which has been cooking all. day. I'm supposed to bring pulled pork to our church picnic tomorrow. What if it bombs!? What if I'm up at 3 a.m. pulling pork?!
*enjoying getting to know my son's girlfriend (who's room&boarding with us while she goes back to school!)
*spent way too much time on the computer today...working. and other stuff.
*thrilled with my new-to-me bike!

 I'm off to do some reading..and pork checking..

Keep on blogging, friends .. and add that "LIKE" option :)




6 comments:

  1. I liked it =) That is awesome. But I also dislike this post because I WANT you to feel more pressure to blog more. Once a month is not enough, girlfriend! Thanks for coming over to my blog and commenting this weekend. I will have to think about that like button too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh... thanks for sharing that tip over on your blog. And for letting me know that you visit.

    I've left a comment AND clicked on your new like button.

    Wishing you glimpses of heaven in unexpected places.....
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. No pressure from me...and I like the like button idea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't worry about apologizes. Blogging is personal and on your time, so there's no need if you take a little break. I like that policy of being free to be you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh...I like the "like" button option. I'm going to have to think about adding that to my blog.
    The pulled pork was AMAZING! Granted, I don't actually know if I ate yours or somebody else's, but I'm going to assume it was yours since it was so delicious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Aneta! I would like those 'like' buttons, but my image won't load sometimes, so it shows up as a 'crash box'. Not so great!
    I just got back from a blog break, so I completely understand feeling overwhelmed and unable to keep up. It's good to step back, even permanently if that's what makes you feel more at peace.
    Sounds like the pork was a hit!
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for popping by! I appreciate your visit and your comments :) It's fun to make new friends!