I see blue skies, wood stove smoke wafting down from our chimney, tree branches trembling in the frigid temperatures (-16 C!! = 3.2 F)
I am thinking... about priorities today...work or play?
I am thankful...for Christmas purchases done online!
In the kitchen...I have several lbs of stewing beef thawing in preparation for making Dutch croquettes (can't have Christmas without 'em!)
I am wearing...comfy jeans, my "on second thought" sweater retrieved from the giveaway bag, homemade wool socks, slippers, and silver hoop earrings
I am creating...fingerless mitts from Kenzie wool, a Christmas gift for my son's girlfriend
I am going...to a dessert fundraiser tonight for our local university's
International Student Ministries. Dessert and friends - no better combination than that!
I am wondering...if Sadie Robertson from Duck Dynasty is going to win the mirror ball trophy on Dancing With the Stars (I've been catching the last few episodes online...it's my guilty pleasure! )
I am reading...Let Your Life Speak by Parker J. Palmer
I am hoping...to spend a little time making Christmas cards today.
I am looking forward to...setting up the Christmas tree in the corner of our living room today. No ornaments and decorations till next Saturday's family brunch, though! I hope I can hold back!
I am learning to let go of regrets. Sometimes it's the little ones that keep coming back and pestering me. Every happen to you?
Around the house...hardly a noise but the tap tapping of computer keys, the soothing music of Classical piano and strings on Spotify, and the lulling sounds of the dishwasher. A quiet Saturday..
I am pondering...why I seem to be misplacing my mitts so often..should probably knit a few more pairs just for me.
A favourite quote for today...
Lead, Kindly Light..
Keep thou my feet:
I do not ask to see
The distant scene; one
step enough for me
One of my favourite things... is watching really good movies.. any recommendations?
A few plans for the rest of the week: the week's almost over! Wrap up a Christmas gift or two, make some cards, pick up an interlibrary loan book at the library, knit, and hopefully do a bit of online work. It's already early afternoon, so I probably won't actually get to all of that today. But there's always Sunday! I'm on coffee bar duty, so I'll make a few lattes for fellow gatherers at church tomorrow and visit with a few other couples at our life group tomorrow night.
Join in the fun with The Simple Woman's Daybook here.




I'm thinking all around, its been a pretty good day with still one more day of the weekend left :)
ReplyDeletebetty
Yes, it was a good weekend!
Delete